Michelle Holt, JDRF Special Events Assistant, presented the latest information on the Kids’ Walk to Cure Diabetes program. The benefits of the program include:
* Fundraising for a T1 diabetes cure, with 10% of proceeds going back to the school
* Educational component, as kids and parents learn the differences between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
* Gives kids a sense of giving back
* Often connects kids with a diabetic relative, friend, or neighbor
* Kids have fun and release energy through a walk, run, obstacle course, etc. (indoor or outdoor)
* Kids receive prizes for fundraising
Having a parent initiator or advocate at the school is great. Contact Michelle (email@example.com ) if you’re interested in a walk at your child’s school. Michelle works with interested parties, such as parents/parent clubs, principals, gym teachers, nurses, etc. to make the kids’ walks easy and fun.
Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to keep up with current JDRF WWI News!
We’re also on Twitter , YouTube And TypeOneNation
Mark May 28 on your calendar for next meeting, subject to be determined.
Take care, until we meet again, Eileen